Saturday, May 24, 2008

For a Couple of Friends




I have a talented friend who takes pictures of bugs interacting with flowers. She recently sent me a photo that has become a huge favorite of mine: a little tiny bug looking over the edge of a pink evening primrose, with the caption taken from scripture: "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." I just love that picture, and the quote speaks volumes to me. I know how the bug feels, lol!

Anyway, I said all that to say this: Here is a picture for you, my friend! Can you see the bug on the flower? It blends right in. I think it is a colorful stinkbug.

The flowers are also for another friend who emailed me a few weeks ago wondering what this flower was called. I found out today it is known as Mexican Hat, Thimbleflower or Longheaded Coneflower, as well as Lance-Leaf Coneflower. Its Latin name is Ratibida Columnaris.

Update: Javamom has bugs on her flowers, too!

No comments: