Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bloggy Housekeeping

Just a quick note to folks whose blogs I read: In case you have been wondering where I have been, I am working on catching up my Bible reading right now, so I haven't read any blogs for the last couple of weeks (I think it has been a couple of weeks). I plan on staying away until I am caught up. I really want to read what everyone is thinking about, but I promised I would read the Bible this year, and I just have to do it. I'm still in Leviticus in the OT, and am really getting a lot out of it, but the going is slow. So I'll see you all in a bit. (I'm reading the the NT, Psalms and Proverbs at the same time as the OT, so I have read more than just Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus. But I am still behind schedule.)

Leviticus really brings home the fact that our God is a God of *order*, that it is important to Him that things be done a certain way-- we will never do things exactly the way they ought to be done, but doesn't it motivate you to work harder to achieve a semblance of order when you read Leviticus? I am trying to be more orderly by reading my daily Bible before I read blogs and news. This means I haven't read hardly any news for a week or two-- only the news magazine that comes to the house and the occasional Yahoo news article that pops up on my email. This is probably a good thing.

Oh, and I need to write a personal finance post soon-- that is overdue. Right now I will just say that God is good all the time.

1 comment:

SeƱora Smith said...

I'm with you, Katie! I haven't been on in awhile... when I compared my Bible Reading to my blog & other online reading, it was very convicting...!

*See* you soon!