Sunday, November 16, 2008

Life

We have the most beautiful new baby at our church. I watched her daddy play with her this afternoon in the fellowship hall. He said, "We're so glad you're here, we love you so much, you are our sweet girl.." and other gitty-gitty kind of things while tickling her precious feet. I love watching a dad delighting in his baby.

Every time I see this pretty little child, I am overwhelmed with a sense of blessing that the Lord allows us to witness miracles. Because this baby wasn't expected to make it. In fact, the doctors recommended she be terminated at 20 weeks gestation. She had been without amniotic fluid too long, they said, and wouldn't develop well enough to even live outside of the womb.

Yet here she is, and just perfect.

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

--Psalm 139:14-16

No comments: