Monday, July 07, 2008

I was previewing the pictures for artist study for next year and found this one. I immediately set it as wallpaper on my computer.

As I continue to look at it, my mind fills with questions: Who were the people? Why were they so far apart? Was the man in the middle looking at something, or was he beginning to fall? Is that phytoplankton in the water? Why were they on the island? Did they live there? What kind of trees are those? Could you break chalk off the cliffs and use it to write on a chalkboard? Are those cliffs just like the white cliffs of Dover?

When I think of Germany, I think of the inland cities. I didn't even realize Germany had a coastline or an island, or chalk cliffs. (I mean, when I look at maps, the coastline is there, but I never had it brought to my attention before.)

No comments: