Friday, January 02, 2009

Our Homeschool Motto

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Micah 6:8

When I started using Homeschool Tracker to record our assignments for schoolwork, there was a section to record a verse or phrase to represent what we try to achieve in our schooling.

I do like the CM motto: "I am, I can, I ought, I will!" But we felt we needed a family motto as well.

We chose "Do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God."

It appears every time we open the Homeschool Tracker, and we use the Tracker pretty much every school day. (Otherwise we have trouble keeping track, you see.) But after almost a year of seeing it, the motto has blended in, like wallpaper. So I thought I would mention it here, to bring it back out again.

No comments: