Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Boom, Boom, Ain't It Great To Be Crazy

I've got a lot on my plate for the next month or two, and I don't know how much blogging I will be doing. (I generally post only when something is nagging to get out of my head, but that happens a lot. I guess the nagging thoughts will have to stay put a little more for the next few weeks!)

It took a special bit of blundering for me to end up overseeing a piano recital, three Girl Scouts selling cookies, two science fair projects (and one small demonstration project for Science Night), and the culmination of a Junior Girl Scout Bronze Award project... all in the space of thirty days. (It's really more like two months, but the actual events all take place between mid-January and mid-February.)*

Once, as I bemoaned a similar situation, a friend said to me, "Katie, you realize we're crazy to do what we do, don't you?"

Yep. Got that. :O) But I'm not nearly as crazy as I was last year. Last year I was the Cookie Mom for Mariel's Girl Scout troop as well as much of the other stuff. This year, I steered clear of that volunteer opportunity. And I did let a friend talk me out of doing our regular science assignments this month, so we have a little extra time in each school day for science fair projects. (And, oh, we are so excited about our science fair projects! Fun, fun, fun.)

*My dad is going to be on his trip to Kenya during part of this time as well, so naturally I am (and will be) praying for and considering his journey.

No comments: