Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Big Day for Cookies

When I realized I had the Saturday before Christmas practically unscheduled, I developed a minor cookie-baking obsession, and took the children (and some of their friends) with me. Here are some pictures:


We used this recipe for the icing, and it turned out beautifully! (I improvised on the amount of confectioner's sugar, adding it until I liked the consistency rather than using measurements; and I left out the lemon extract.)


Cookie decorating genius abounded. I mentioned several times that the M & M's were for snacking on as we worked, but the children had other ideas.


We had dolphins, ducks and fish, as well as rounds, hearts, gingerbread people and Christmas trees. Doesn't it look like the dolphins are doing flips?


The kids finally reached the limit of their tolerance for cookie decorating and went outside to play. (A couple of the girls returned later to help me with snickerdoodles while I drank tea and visited with a friend. I wonder why I didn't snap a pic of the snickerdoodles?)


Some of our friends had to leave before dinner. After dinner the rest of us watched a movie and opened Reese's peanut butter cups for these scrumptious morsels. (I still have two more cookie recipes to make, but we were winding down after dinner.)


All ready to go!

No comments: