Thursday, April 05, 2007

Thinking Blogger Award

Tim's Mom has nominated me for the Thinking Blogger Award. What fun! She is very kind. It is more of a survey than an award, and I have enjoyed watching it go through the blogs I read. I even added a few new blogs to my feeds based on some recommendations received through this meme.

(There is a badge that says Thinking Blogger, but I cannot get it to appear on this post, so I will do without.)

Here are the rules:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote (there is an alternative silver version if gold doesn’t fit your blog).


Here are the most recent folks who have made me think:

First, I have to name Javamom over at Take Time To Smell The Coffee. She is the list-and-coffeehouse-discussion-mom of our local book club and is good at drawing out thoughtful discussion (and keeping it on topic too!). She also takes old books and makes them beautiful again, a process that I am fascinated with.

Second (and I know she has been nominated already but she just really makes me think), Krakovianka at U Krakovianki. I enjoy her book posts and her posts on Poland, and I especially enjoy her insights on CM method and Classical method.

Another person who makes me think, and whose blogs I have only recently found, is Willa at In A Spacious Place. Her posts on life, and even her journal of what is accomplished daily at her house (at Every Waking Hour) encourage me to continue to contemplate, but to relax as well.

And someone who challenges me to step out of my box of "craftily challenged person" and stretch beyond counted cross-stitch is Mrs. Happy Housewife. She searches out tutorials of things she hasn't done and tries them. I watch and admire and think, "I should do that." But I never do. Perhaps someday.

And I can only have five. I have several more, most of whom have already been nominated, and I cannot decide which one to pick for the last. So I will leave this final choice as a tie between these other thoughtful spots. (It makes me wonder, how is it all going to end? Will the Thinking Blogger meme go on and on, and on and on? Or will it someday fizzle out and die? How do memes live and die anyway? What is the general life expectancy of a meme? And why is it called a meme? What is a meme, anyway? Hmm.)

No comments: