Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Preparing the Ground

But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it and bring forth fruit with patience. --Luke 8:15


I want to cherish good and honest hearts in my children, rather than encourage them to embrace and succumb to thorns:

And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection. --Luke 8:14

2 comments:

Javamom said...

Well-said, Mother Auma.

I'm off to nominate you for one of the hs blog awards...probably best newcomer (rules say started in 06, and that's you on blogger,right?)

Javamom

Katie said...

Oh, thanks! I'm so flustered... I mean, flattered. I'll have to not think about it... oh, my.

(Seriously, thanks a lot!)