Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Open Road

Camps, villages, towns, cities! Here to-day, up and off to somewhere else to-morrow! Travel, change, interest, excitement! The whole world before you, and a horizon that's always changing!



I'm going off-line for a few days. Please don't forget me. I enjoy my 8 bloglines subscribers and one-to-two visitors per hour. I appreciate every last one of you. I mean, if even one person stopped reading, I would lose a quarter of a quarter of my readership. Ack! By the way, has anybody seen my sitemeter? I seem to have misplaced it. I just tidied up the blog and I can't find a thing!

And here are some places to go while I am preoccupied-- a few of my favorite stops on the open road of the blogosphere:


The Beehive is such a relaxing place to visit. Lovely fashions, too.

Beautiful pictures at Bioluminescence.

Much pertinent info shared at Bona Vita Rusticanda Est. (We just had potato chips today, so I think we're prepared for tomorrow. We're good. Yep. Didn't even know it.)

The Common Room is a good place to find a variety of posts-- I like it when the DHM explains things that ought to be common sense, but (for me at least) very often aren't. Ahem.

They are redecorating at Dewey's Treehouse. (I wonder how Uncle Dewey feels about it?)

Cindy gets me thinking over at Dominion Family.

There are plenty of CM techniques to contemplate at Higher Up and Further In.

Book restoration at Take Time To Smell The Coffee. Fascinating!

At U Krakovianki you can find bookish reviews, interrupted by the occasional commercial.

And this is such fun that I will also offer some of my favorite books which happen to be online in their entirety:

Wind in the Willows

Little Women

Jane Eyre

Emma

Or~ you could read Rob Roy by Sir Walter Scott and then let me know what you think those Scots-folk are saying. I canna mae head na tail o' it~ I canna e'en write it!

So I guess I'll see you later. After the quantity-quality-Pepsi-and-lemon-bars-and-games-fambly-time. And when I find the sitemeter, of course.

Backson.

1 comment:

Mama Squirrel said...

Thanks for the link! Dewey Squirrel says he likes the new look--the photo is one of his favourite places (his fourteenth cousin's wedding reception was held in one of those trees).