Without love, what are we worth? Eighty-nine cents! Eighty-nine cents worth of chemicals walking around lonely. --Hawkeye (M*A*S*H)
"I love you 'cuz I do." -- Mr. Honey
Today is our sixteenth wedding anniversary, so Mr. Honey and I created an Anniversary Meme:
1. Where did you meet? At a Christmas party for Mr. Honey's work. I came with friends and he came alone. He tried as hard as he could to ask me out without actually asking me out. I am not very astute in such matters, so he finally resorted to recommending that I phone our mutual friend if I needed to get in touch with him. I gave him my phone number.
2. First date? A New Year's Eve party. He called me the day before New Year's Eve to invite me and I said I already had plans. It turned out he was inviting me to the party I was going to! So we went together.
3. First movie? Disney's Beauty and the Beast.
4. First inkling that you were made for one another? During the movie, in the scene when Beauty is attacked by wolves and the Beast saves her, becoming wounded in the process. As the tiny heroine lifted the hulking, unconscious Beast onto the horse, we simultaneously turned to each other and said, "No way would she be able to do that!"
5. Wedding location? Beautiful Niles Canyon in Northern California, at the church I grew up attending.
6. Honeymoon? We took a two week road trip from Northern California to Nashville Tennessee, with stops at Monterey, Disneyland, San Antonio and Memphis (had to see Graceland).
7. First home? Hendersonville, Tennessee, just north of Nashville.
Happy anniversary, Mr. Honey! I know I lead you a hard life sometimes, and I am glad you put up with me. And I love you very, very much.
(Now you-- who wants to play? Please link if you do the meme so we can read your answers.)