Sunday, January 07, 2007

Find in this Mind

You know the Find on this Page function you can use to search a webpage? Triss would like to have a Find in this House function so she can locate books and pencils.

Ever since I discovered that function a couple of years ago, I have been looking for the Edit heading in my traditional paper books so I can Find on this Page in some of my old favorites. Thankfully the CM books are online, so with those I can Find on this Page any time I want. The Bible is online and searchable as well. I use that a lot too, usually when something I'm reading reminds me of something I read in the Bible and I don't know exactly where it is, but I want to see if my memory is applying the verse in proper context and connotation. I really like that function.

But the coolest application of this idea would be a Find in this Mind function. And actually, the most amazing Programmer in the universe has put that function into each of us. I'm still learning how to access it. The key is to make sure the input is good, short term memory is utilized and attention is applied; then the information must be understood, processed and connected to like information; and if these two steps are followed properly, the Find in this Mind function ought to work beautifully. Unless you have been contaminating the circuits with poor nutrition, or not accessing enough ventilation (fresh air, exercise).

Can you tell I have been reading about learning differences and cognitive brain function?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man oh man I am ssSSSOOOoo right there with ya!!! BWB aka Mr. Honey

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one out there who felt that urge to "find on page" while searching for something in a book. How frustrating! It makes you think, though, doesn't it?

Thanks for stopping by and offering to pray for me. I really am in need of that comfort right now. I, too, occasionally find myself up until three in the morning and have to keep myself in check because I tend to be a night owl. What I am going through now is different, though. I am almost constantly exhausted, but I cannot sleep. Thanks again, though, for the prayers. God bless you and yours.