Thursday, June 09, 2011

Sweet the moments, rich in blessing,
Which before the cross I spend,
Life and health and peace possessing
From the sinner's dying Friend.
Here I'll sit, forever viewing
Mercy streaming in His blood:
Precious drops my soul bedewing,
Plead and claim my peace with God.

Truly blessed is this station
Low before His cross to lie,
While I see divine compassion
Floating in His gracious eye.
Here it is I find my heaven,
While upon the Lamb I gaze;
Love I much-- I've much forgiven;
I'm a miracle of grace.

Love and grief my heart dividing,
With my tears His feet I bathe;
Constant still in faith abiding,
Life reviving from His death.
May I still enjoy this feeling,
In all need to Jesus go,
Prove His wounds each day more healing,
And Himself more deeply know.

--James Allen (1734-1804)

No comments: