Friday, June 10, 2011

Nature Study and Time

I am working on lesson plans this morning. I noticed this addition to the AO Year 5 book list. I love it:

Supplies for Nature Study:

*Nature notebook and pencils or paint for each student

*Begin to build a library of regional field guides

* Plenty of time to allow Nature Study to be a fun learning experience for both parent and child.


Plenty of time. We have to specially set it aside so we will have it for the best uses...

"Nowadays we are all in too much of a hurry." --Eve Anderson

1 comment:

Willa said...

I am not one of those busy people who always accomplish a lot, but recently I've realized that I still need the reminder to set aside "plenty of time". Especially with my kids. Forming relations requires a willingness to spend time! So it's a timely reminder for me.