Thursday, October 19, 2006

Silver Lining

Our car had transmission troubles on Monday, and I drove to the Dodge dealership, going no faster than 45 on a 65 mph highway (and in Texas that means people are passing you doing 75) because the van would not shift into fourth gear. It took over thirty minutes to get there, and I wondered the whole time if I was burning up my transmission.

I got there safely, and when they found the problem, it was covered under warranty. I was surprised (and thankful!) because we have owned our van for almost three years and I didn't think we still had any valid warranties. I looked up the power train warranty tonight and discovered that it will expire at 70,000 miles.

We have 68,000 miles on our van.

Lemme hear ya say, God is good!
All the time!
Lemme hear ya say, God is good!
All the time!*

His timing is perfect.

*(This is Mr. Honey's song. There's a dance that goes with it. Those of you who know Mr. Honey can ask him to show you sometime.)

2 comments:

tootlepip said...

God is really really good! Glad things worked out for you.

Phyllis said...

Amen! God is good!

I would love to see the dance. :-)