Thursday, January 19, 2012

Magnetic Poems

For Christmas, the Warrior Poet gave me Magnetic Poetry and a new copy of The Princess Bride.  He makes me so happy.

Now my fridge is a poetry workshop.  Folks come from all corners of the house to compose their thoughts.  Sadly, two of LittleLa's inventions were lost the other day in an incident involving a broken solenoid and an impromptu waterfall.  So I am recording the family's poetry here to prevent further losses.  These are from all five of us, and I mostly cannot remember who wrote what.  The poems are all lower-case without punctuation because they are magnetic poems. :)



she is a summer night

thrive
imagine
dream

savoring the universe through garlic butter

make like a free-range chicken and wander

peace 
through 
sweet 
moist 
shade

behold 
a season 
for the elephant 
thick with memory

kiss that magic monkey ghost

a woman at home eats prosciutto
sings of sausage
shares vegetables

morning music
prairie born
lonely murmur

       cloud
       blossom 
soul
       flower
       star

follow me
my brother
together
we will ride
every noble horse

silly vinaigrette
bloomed in spring

fly
live
love
wish
laugh
listen

a bug
strange with sacred life
falls through tendrils of fragrant grass
withered in winter's wild frost
a tiny animal soul becomes cold and quiet
its cycle made full

be as pure rain in summer

Updated to add one I missed and one new poem:

then they walked around it
and followed in passion this tomato

but between that wind and I
there is only sunlight
and clear bright sky  

1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

wonderful! This makes me joyful.