Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hap' Birthday to Me!

Today is my 40th birthday, and I just want to share the incredible hand lettered card I got from Cornflower, my 9yo daughter. She said she went through and picked out all the best sentiments from a piece of cardmaking software we have, although I suspect a couple of these she made up herself:

/ You deserve the best birthday on Earth. Not to mention the moon, stars, and the universe. / What a dramatic day! you made your entrance into the world! / Remember, age is just a number. The higher it gets, the more valuable you become. / Mom, I may have not been the best kid in the world... but you made me feel like I was. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! / On this day in history, you were born. I'm surprised Abraham Lincoln didn't write a speech about it! / I met a baboon under the harvest moon. He had something for you: a birthday balloon! / For your birthday I was going to get you a Van de Graaf generator and a cloud chamber. And then I thought-- Wait! It's not like either of us are exactly rocket scientists. / "Would'st thou both eat thy cake and have it?" --George Herbert (1633) On your birthday, yes! / YOU! YOU! YOU! YOU! YOU! Someone's in line for some serious attention! / There are three hundred and sixty-four days when you might get unbirthday presents... and only one for birthday presents, you know." --Lewis Carroll (1855) / HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!


Isn't that the sweetest, funniest card?

No comments: