Sunday, August 23, 2009

Nesting

We're goin' in. Startin' school tomorrow. And in celebration of the fact that we visted San Antonio not once, not twice, but three times in the last five months, the kids and I decorated the schoolroom fiesta-style.

Sort of a happy-normal-day treatment for back-to-school. :O)))

Aravis says it looks fiestive.

I wish I could post a picture, but we are having issues with our rechargeable batteries and our charger. I'm charging different batteries now, so perhaps I'll post a picture tomorrow evening.

Here are two pretty senoritas who decided to join the party:



And a close-up of the tissue paper flowers:



And here is Mi Tierra in San Antonio. We ate supper there on one of our visits. They really know how to fiesta!



To further the fiesta, Goggy and Grammy brought over frozen chocolate chip waffles and blueberry pancakes. (Just what we need the first day back to a disciplined routine-- a bunch of simple carbs for breakfast! Our taste buds love them, but our brains grow sluggish on such food. I have bacon, so perhaps we will be fine.)

We're having build-your-own-burrito-night for dinner. I meant to have guacamole too, but could not find satisfactory avocadoes. :( Perhaps some will turn up tomorrow.

I don't know what is with me this weekend-- I have had so much energy. I think it must be knowing that this weekend is my last chance until Thanksgiving to get some big things done. I painted the girls' bedroom yesterday, in addition to adding three meals' worth of beans to the freezer, baking a lasagna for church, writing a blog post, and laying out the kids' memory work and recitation assignments. Today we were at church until around 2:30, and then I moved everything back into place in the girls' room, hung pictures, did a load of laundry, talked on the phone with a homeschool friend who is also beginning school this week, had a visit with my parents, helped the girls make festive flowers and tissue cutouts for the schoolroom, and then decorated that room with the help of Aravis. Mariel and Cornflower did some very cool drawings on the chalkboard-- chili peppers, bullfighters, and lovely ladies with flowers in their hair. I suddenly feel the need to set out my copy of Ferdinand.

It sounds like I'm nesting-- that's it! This must be the homeschool version of nesting. It makes perfect sense to nest just before life takes a busy turn, no matter what that turn may be.

2 comments:

Lynn Bruce said...

Oh How Fun!

Reminds me of my very favorite restaurant in the world, Cafe Pasqual's in Santa Fe, where I wish I could eat breakfast every day for the rest of my life.

http://www.pasquals.com/index.html

Anonymous said...

And lovely senorita's they are!
Love, Grammy