Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Twilight Zone

I know homeschooled children are supposed to love learning, but this week I feel like I have entered the 'realm between light and shadow':

Mariel: "I love dictation! I don't know why, but I love it!"

(I'm sure she will regret having said that later, but still. I have *never* heard a child rejoice at the idea of doing studied dictation. And this was just as she sat down to study a new passage, so she was fixing to have to do it. I was so encouraged.)

Cornflower: "I want to learn big words. Lots of big words. Do you have a book for that?"

(Aravis and I gave her two books by Eleanor Estes, one by E. Nesbit, and the dictionary.)

We are going to the Fort Worth Bureau of Engraving and Printing today. The kids have been less than enthusiastic. Seems they want to stay home this morning and do schoolwork. I reassured them that they could bring all the schoolwork they want in the van.

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man...

No comments: