Sunday, May 17, 2009

Pictures from a Hike

Here are some pictures of flowers and such from a hike Cornflower and I took with her Girl Scout troop in Dinosaur Valley State Park.





The Paluxy River, as viewed from the top of the hill. We forded this river at least twice during our hike. (We got a little turned around, but we managed to find our way back thanks to scouting parties and someone's iPhone GPS, hee hee.)



Indian blanket. It had rained all morning, and the drops were still on the flowers.



Golden coreopsis.



I don't know what these are, but aren't they pretty? And look at the tall, blue-green grass behind-- it was all over the edges of the path. I would like some for my front flower beds.



My very own Cornflower.



A field of (mostly) Indian blanket. Just beyond this field, we saw three deer.



I have always called this milkweed, but I just found a website that calls it 'antelope horns'. It is of the milkweed family, so I guess we can continue calling it milkweed.

No comments: