Sunday, February 22, 2009

No More, My God

Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. --Isaiah 6:5

No more, my God! I boast no more
Of all the duties I have done;
I quit the hopes I held before,
To trust the merits of Thy Son.

Now for the love I bear His name,
What was my gain I count my loss,
My former pride I call my shame,
And nail my glory to His cross.

Yes, and I must and will esteem
All things but loss for Jesus' sake;
Oh! may my soul be found in Him,
And of His righteousness partake.

The best obedience of my hands
Dares not appear before Thy throne,
But faith can answer Thy demands
By pleading what my Lord has done.

--Unknown

No comments: