Wednesday, May 09, 2012

End-of-Year Performing Arts

Aravis and Mariel 
as Rosalind and Touchstone 
"As You Like It" by Mr. William Shakespeare
(Yes, that is the back of my head.  
I am doing my best to direct them.)



Mariel as a ditzy princess in our drama club play




LittleLa (left) with a friend at our drama club play.  LittleLa is an indispensible member of the backstage crew this year.


We are currently in the midst of theatricals.  Music performances happening soon.  May is a busy performing month for us.  The kids are having a blast.  I am having a blast and simultaneously trying to keep my head on straight.  After the drama club production is over, I have my studio's piano recital, the co-op Shakespeare scenes and sol-fa hymn demonstrations, piano accompaniments for the kids' orchestra and their violin teacher's studio recital accompaniments.  And then I am finished.  I'm just taking it one step at a time.

So is Aravis.  Monday she worked all day at the Walgreens, then worked all evening at the theater stage managing the drama club play.  She got up Tuesday morning and took her Trig final at the college, then went back to the theater for opening night of the play.  Crazy life.  But it's just for a few days.  We slept in this morning.  It's all about pacing yourself.  ;o)

No comments: